Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2- September 1, 2011



Today was spent travelling to the Door to Door facility, unloading all our things into a box, and then dropping off the UHaul trailer. We got on the road around 5:30 pm and we didn't even make it out of Groveland before the cats shoved through the netting I had rigged up to keep them in the hatch of the car and buried themselves in the piles of clothes I have in my backseat. Fortunately, they're being quiet passengers otherwise.

We made it to Amsterdam, NY for the evening before deciding to call it quits for the night. It was really sad leaving Massachusetts - this whole move has happened so fast and with the stress of the trailer yesterday, it hasn't really sunk in until now that we're not going back to our little basement dungeon apartment in Sunderland.

I have an insane addiction to pamphlets, and I of course scouted out what the motel had when we got here. Mostly pamphlets for Quebec, and I don't think Arthur would appreciate a detour there.

No comments:

Post a Comment