Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 3 - September 2, 2011

Today, I learned:

  • Ohio is a much bigger state than it looks, especially when you're trying to drive across it
  • New York tolls are highway robbery
  • Don't ever choose the cheapest bike rack at Target, and if you do, make sure you have bungee cords
  • The Great Lakes are really quite large

Today, Merlin learned:
  • How to slip out of his harness

Merlin's new trick meant that he got to ride in the front for a portion of today's drive, and it also meant I had to reconfigure the way the car was packed because I finally admitted defeat - the cats do not want to ride in the hatch, and there is absolutely no way I can make them. I have tried everything, short of supergluing them to the hatch floor.

Merlin also got very creative today with his sleeping positions. It was hard to capture how contorted he was because I was sitting too closely, but here's him while sitting in traffic in Cleveland:


One back leg is propped on my water bottle in the cupholder, the other is stretched forward to his nose, and the shifter knob is pretty much rammed up his butt. Clearly, this is much more comfortable than the cat bed in the hatch.

We stopped for the day in Toledo, OH. There is nothing exciting here and it's a little sketchy. Looking forward to the miles of cornfields ahead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment